Expert Eye Care From Caring Optometrists in Delaware, Ohio
The primary concern of our office is the well-being of our patients, staff, and community. As of March 17, 2020, the Centers for Disease Control released new COVID-19 guidelines that include the postponing of routine eyecare visits. We are actively communicating with our scheduled patients to delay their appointments for a later date. Please call our office for any vision care needs or questions as we will be available to dispense glasses and contact lenses.
At this time, our eye doctor is on call and will be available for eye emergencies. Our opticians are also available during limited office hours for eyewear dispensing of glasses and contact lenses. As orders arrive, we will be contacting each patient for further instructions as to maintain social distancing, etc, and possible curbside dispensing. Please make sure you are healthy and not showing signs of a cough, cold, fever, aches, shortness of breath, etc. per CDC guidelines. We will continue to be available for dispenses for as long as we are able, but please know we are working on a day to day basis as we receive updates from Governor DeWine’s office and the OOA.
As for the small number of patients who enter the office, we want to reassure you of actions we are taking to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19. We are taking extra precautions to strictly maintain the high standards of cleanliness at our practice. We are following recommendations from the CDC and are taking all measures to try and help keep our staff, patients and community as safe as we possibly can. Below are specific precautions we are taking and may change per CDC and OOA recommendation updates.
- Cleaning: We have increased the frequency of cleaning our lobby, counter surfaces, door handles, keyboards, exam rooms, our lab, etc. multiple times throughout the day with appropriate cleaners and disinfectants.
- Sanitizing: We have increased the availability of anti-viral alcohol based hand sanitizers for both staff and anyone entering the facility. All staff is required to use hand sanitizer or thoroughly wash their hands per CDC guidelines between every patient encounter. All patients and guests are told to use hand sanitizer on entry to the building.
- Signs of Illness: Any staff, patients, and visitors showing signs of potential coronavirus will be excused until cleared. Anyone with a recent history of travel to risky areas, having symptoms of fever/chills, aches, shortness of breath or cough will be excused and asked to reschedule.
- Caregivers: Family and those providing patient transportation will be asked to remain outside the building as possible and will be called to return when visits are complete.
- Masks: We will offer and wear masks for use by the doctor and patient as local health authorities permit due to medical supply availability.
Optical Shop: In addition, our Opticians are following strict guidelines to keep all trial frames and lens equipment sanitized immediately after use.
During this challenging time, it is important to focus on what we can control. Taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is important for our community. For information and updates on COVID-19, we recommend reviewing the information shared by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention here: https://www.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/protect/index.html
We look to you as our neighbors, friends and family, and hope we can continue to serve our community. As of now, we will continue to see patients for eye emergencies and encourage you to contact the practice if you have any questions or concerns. We will update you if there are any changes regarding our office hours.
Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Dr. Kristin Campbell, Dr. Carrie McMahon, and Staff
Kristin L. Campbell, OD has been providing high quality vision care since 1998. Our staff pays attention to detail, and will greet you with friendly and personal attention. We want to ensure that you’re treated like part of the family.
Our mission is to provide excellent vision care in a fun and compassionate environment, with patient satisfaction as our number one priority. We strive to provide the best eye care possible. That’s what sets us apart.
Our Eye Care Services in Delaware, OH
For years, more and more people have been enjoying the option of wearing contact lenses in addition to eyeglasses. Contact lens technology has evolved rapidly and there are lenses for just about everyone.
Cataracts are a common cause of vision loss after age 55. Cataract surgery is the removal of the natural lens of the eye, the "crystalline lens". Surgical correction is safe, effective, and offers new options for better vision.
Many eye diseases can be treated successfully. We use the most up-to-date technology to ensure the best eye care possible. Learn about the different types of tests and equipment you may experience on a visit to our Practice.
If you experience loss of vision, double vision, swelling, infection or any eye emergency, contact us immediately for guidance. We’ll help you with the best treatment to prevent complications and promote long-lasting clear eyesight.